Richard Smeets is our latest addition to our wholesale team and operates as Country Manager Wholesale Germany. After working with customer experience in the hospitality sector for several years and later as a business consultant for Motto, he has extensive experience in the telecom field.
In his role as Country Manager his main goal is to supervise and coach in the onboarding process of new partners in Germany. Since partners have their own work standard, we believe it’s key to provide the right guidance and training in order to have an effective roll-out. This not only helps in successfully delivering, but also helps shape a strong relationship with partners which we highly value.
About the current project with HFO 360
In an interview with UC Today, Richard Smeets, Soluno’s Country Manager for Germany and Oliver Schuster HFO Telecom’s Head of Cloud opened up about a the new partnership that combines Soluno’s UCaaS solution and “mobile-first” concept with HFO’s first-rate operator and billing services.
This partnership has resulted in an upgraded experience – the new UCaaS solution called HFO 360°. It’s aimed for both wholesale partners and resellers via sip-trunking, internet connectivity, and billing services. And coupled with Soluno’s successful wholesale model, it enables an effective launch of integrated services in Germany.
I am 40 years old, single, live in Heerlen in South Limburg and am really a Burgundian. Like to go to the cinema or with friends on holiday (often no further than Mallorca). Hard work is what I’m used to but hard laugh too (especially at my own jokes).
Name: Richard Smeets
Role: Country Manager Germany
- What do you do in your role? In my role as country manager, together with the team in Sweden, I am responsible for developing Soluno’s foreign activities. In my case this is Germany because I live very close to the border with Germany and know the culture and the language.
- When did you start working at Soluno? I started 1 August 2019 at Soluno
- What motivates you at work? Learning new things is my motivation. To inspire people and take their hands to do it better.
- What do you look forward to this upcoming spring? The sun is something I feel very good about. So I can’t wait for it to shine again. When the sun shines, people go outside or to the beach. In the spring you can find me at the beach ????
- What do you think is the next step in the international expansion? Every country is different, we are dealing with countries that are further ahead in the adoption of cloud services and with countries that shouldn’t think about it for the time being. The next step is to work on that adaption, by inspiring people and providing training. The great thing about Soluno is that we can offer the right products for each market. That ensures that everyone can maintain their own speed.
- What are the challenges in expanding internationally? Together with Oliver Schuster of HFO I discussed this in UC-Today’s article.